There are certain things that you can do as a Fall River homeowner this spring that will help to enhance the curb appeal of your home and boost its value. Whether you plan on putting your house on the market or not, it always pays to dedicate some time and money each year into reinvesting in your home. Whenever you make any improvements, make sure to contact your Fall River insurance agent. You might be surprised to learn that some changes can reduce costs for your MA homeowners insurance policy, while others should simply be recorded in case you need to be compensated for a future loss reported to your home insurance in Fall River. Since 1956, Paul Sullivan Insurance Agency has provided quality products, unmatched service and has earned the trust of many homeowners to be their insurance company in Fall River and the surrounding Southcoast communities.
Start Small to Make a Big Impact
You might be surprised to learn that some of the smallest jobs can make the most significant impact on the curb appeal of your home. The more that you can do to keep your home in good repair and looking its best, the better it is for the whole neighborhood. In fact, studies show that just one neglected house in a neighborhood can bring down the home values for the rest of the houses. Do your part and keep everyone’s home values up simply by maintaining your property and keeping your home refreshed. Basic lawn care and maintenance, tree trimming, bush pruning, and flower planting can go a long way toward making your home stand out – in a good way! Other small jobs include window washing, front door and garage door painting, gutter cleaning, and power washing when needed.
- Assess your property from the street view to see what needs to be done.
- Start by removing any debris, fallen branches, or items that have found their way into your yard.
- Sweep the sidewalks, steps, porch, driveway, and other visible areas of any leaves or debris.
- Wash away the dirt that has accumulated with a pressure washer or hose – be careful not to damage any surfaces or allow water to get underneath the siding.
- Add seasonal flowers or plants, trim and edge lawns, and care for trees, bushes, and shrubs.
- Clean windows and doors – repainting as necessary to keep everything looking fresh and new.
- Update your front door with fresh paint, a new doorknob, and house numbers.
Larger Projects for Fall River Homeowners
In addition to cleaning, landscaping, and making minor updates to your home, there are other outdoor projects that you can do that will make a significant impact. Again, contact your Fall River insurance agent if you do major work, such as put on a new roof or upgrade contractor-grade lighting to more secure exterior fixtures. Your MA homeowners insurance policy should be updated annually or whenever you do any major projects or repairs. Contact your Fall River insurance agent at Paul Sullivan Insurance Company in Fall River with any questions you might have about home improvement. Always work with licensed, certified, insured, and reputable contractors for any work you have done around your home. This includes HVAC, plumbers, electricians, and landscapers, who should all be insured and licensed to work in Massachusetts for residential clients.
Some of the other projects that you can do to improve your home include:
- Patch or seal any minor cracks in your driveway and walkway; replace completely, if necessary.
- Refresh your property borders, taking care of any trees, shrubs, or structures that border other properties.
- Replace any broken windows or windowsills and take time to seal any cracks or gaps you find.
- Update any outdated or inefficient exterior lighting with matching LED lighting for improved security.
- Inspect all fences, gates, walls, and other outdoor structures; paint, repair, and replace, as needed.
- Have your roofing, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems inspected at least once a year; make any required repairs, upgrades, or replacements according to recommendations.
- Consider adding a security monitoring service or alarm system to your home to protect your family and property.
Contact Your Fall River Insurance Agent
Make sure to call or visit Paul Sullivan Insurance Company in Fall River to discuss your current MA homeowners insurance policy. We can answer any questions you might have about your coverage, make any changes or adjustments that are needed, or provide a comprehensive FREE quote for new home insurance in Fall River and the surrounding Southcoast area. Call today at 508-678-9611 and speak with one of our friendly agents to make sure you are getting the most out of your home insurance policy.